Quick Reminder concerning threads of exceptional quality.
High quality contributions in terms of guides, tutorials, technical write-ups and deep dives are very much appreciated here at GS. Not only for their substantial educational value, they also serve as something to aspire to and as something for others to look up to.

The quality of our community is very much related to and proportional to the expertise and educational opportunities every individual member contributes to. Organized properly the whole becomes greater than the sum of it's parts.

That's how i like to think about it. It's also the reason we have a special Contributor User Group.

In any case i wanted to post a quick reminder that anyone, not just GS Devs, can be featured over at our Github Organization by way of posting high quality threads.

For the specifics please read my original post regarding this subject.
Good initiative Smile There's still some work that needs to be done on my part to encourage contributions and quality threads. I need to make the requirements for "Contributor" more clear. Also I have since quite some time ago planned to implement features such as awards and ranks (merits earned by quality and threads).
(07-20-2021, 05:11 PM)Insider Wrote: Good initiative Smile There's still some work that needs to be done on my part to encourage contributions and quality threads. I need to make the requirements for "Contributor" more clear. Also I have since quite some time ago planned to implement features such as awards and ranks (merits earned by quality and threads).

Thanks. If you need any help designing small badges of various sorts as a reward or testament to the user's contributions, let me know. As you know, graphic design is a hobby of mine and i wouldn't mind spinning up my custom GFX suite.

Feel free to bounce some ideas regarding incentives off of me as well if you'd like. Via PM, the staff area, or XMPP.
(07-20-2021, 05:35 PM)Vector Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 05:11 PM)Insider Wrote: Good initiative Smile There's still some work that needs to be done on my part to encourage contributions and quality threads. I need to make the requirements for "Contributor" more clear. Also I have since quite some time ago planned to implement features such as awards and ranks (merits earned by quality and threads).

Thanks. If you need any help designing small badges of various sorts as a reward or testament to the user's contributions, let me know. As you know, graphic design is a hobby of mine and i wouldn't mind spinning up my custom GFX suite.

Feel free to bounce some ideas regarding incentives off of me as well if you'd like. Via PM, the staff area, or XMPP.

I'll take you up on this. Making a staff thread for this, so we can all pitch in. Will send you a PM soon.
(07-20-2021, 05:41 PM)Insider Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 05:35 PM)Vector Wrote:

I'll take you up on this. Making a staff thread for this, so we can all pitch in. Will send you a PM soon.

Ryokai, Insider-sama!
The best incentive is to have so much material to study and keep the environment organized for everyone. I strongly support converting topics to PDF, I've starred in and enabled repository notifications. If you need help with this, give me a list of topics and I'll do my best to convert some whenever I have some free time. o/
(07-20-2021, 07:58 PM)Corvo Wrote: The best incentive is to have so much material to study and keep the environment organized for everyone. I strongly support converting topics to PDF, I've starred in and enabled repository notifications. If you need help with this, give me a list of topics and I'll do my best to convert some whenever I have some free time. o/

Thanks man, i appreciate that. If you go over to the the original thread  i posted here -> https://greysec.net/showthread.php?tid=7054
You'll see that insider has provided his suggestions for conversion to PDF.

Give me a minute to collect some that stuck out to me, and i will Pm you with a list, and the credentials for a secure storage resource to which we will share access. When you finish converting a thread, upload it to the storage and from there i will download it and commit it to the repo in question.

I also just wanted to say that it's not just for archiving purposes. It's to feature the work of our community members in a public place, thereby recognizing their efforts and bringing their work to a bigger audience.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick PSA. Vector 2 8,895 10-07-2020, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Vector
  I Hate Introduction Threads ashen 6 13,358 03-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Last Post: ashen
  What kind of threads do you generally look for on Greysec? Vector 8 20,284 09-16-2016, 01:26 AM
Last Post: MuddyBucket