How I would like to see GreySec
Something like UI kit, but not really. This is how I would like to see GreySec some day - 

[Image: DKDKkb5.png]

*Sorry Insider for stealing your post at thread view :p

Feedback is more than appreciated
I really like this.
Maybe this might be a thing.
Insider look into this Smile

~ Network
Wow... That is quite the opening.
This is a very nice, clean-cut design.

I am very impressed; I love it.
Actually this is very, very nice. Barring 2 exceptions:

1. The forum drop down, having rounded top corners. looks ugly... unless perhaps the top was physically seperated like the two other menus for buddies and messages

2. The default avatar picture - meh! looks meh! It could be better. personally i like the random black/white images that were part of the first theme.

But other than that. @Insider should have a chat with you about incorporating some of these designs.
I love it, great concept. Want to send me some stuff you used? Userbars, colors and stuff. I am very interested in implementing this into a theme I am currently working on.

I will probably not do exactly as this, the whole round corner aproach, too many round corners. But I'm working on a flat theme.
Thank you all!

(01-02-2016, 02:38 PM)MuddyBucket Wrote: Actually this is very, very nice. Barring 2 exceptions:

1. The forum drop down, having rounded top corners. looks ugly... unless perhaps the top was physically seperated like the two other menus for buddies and messages

2. The default avatar picture - meh! looks meh! It could be better. personally i like the random black/white images that were part of the first theme.

But other than that. @Insider should have a chat with you about incorporating some of these designs.

1. Good point. I am going to fix this

2. I had no idea what to put there, that is why it is so... impersonal?

(01-02-2016, 02:49 PM)Insider Wrote: Want to send me some stuff you used?

I have sent you a message
Sirual I think you should continue progressing into site development and making UIs but keep rounded corners under 5px. This isn't 2002 haha. Also the icon set looks very retro. A great modern icon set to look into is fontawesome.io You also throw in a lot of padding. I would look up some modern web design resources and see how they design and try to incorporate that into your own design.
(01-02-2016, 08:19 PM)NO-OP Wrote: Sirual I think you should continue progressing into site development and making UIs but keep rounded corners under 5px.  This isn't 2002 haha.  Also the icon set looks very retro.  A great modern icon set to look into is fontawesome.io  You also throw in a lot of padding.  I would look up some modern web design resources and see how they design and try to incorporate that into your own design.

Thank you for feedback! I guess you are right about round corners. I tried to take something from minimalism. That would explain corners and padding. 
Tbh, those are fontawesome icons and I would like to say that monospaced font makes the whole thing to look retro.
I am already following google material stuff and lots of more, but it is not easy to be unique today so I tried some experimenting.

I am going to take your recommendations into consideration and modify it

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GreySec Social thread. Vector 182 159,498 09-20-2020, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Vector
  which would be better for a job in cyber security? QMark 6 3,698 09-01-2020, 05:19 AM
Last Post: QMark
  How did you find GreySec? Insider 14 8,543 08-30-2020, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Sorry
  GreySec Communication Channels (IRC.. etc) Insider 17 25,678 08-09-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Insider