SANS GIAC Exam
Hi all,
anyone took GIAC exam learning by only the Books? Is that doable even the course includes labs?
I assume, that if the course includes labs the exam will also include question regarding labs.

Appreciate any feedbacks!

Thanks!
Vice
Not that I have any experience with this. I don't think that many people take the GIAC on their own unless their employer is paying. It's pretty expensive.

But a nice way to learn could maybe to go through previous SANS material. There's plenty of leaked course packages out there.
Thanks, Insider!

After checking the SANS Website for the Exam costs, ive decided against paying out of my pocket.
I supposed to give a try and go straight into an exam but the costs are insance.

(09-02-2021, 03:40 PM)Insider Wrote: Not that I have any experience with this. I don't think that many people take the GIAC on their own unless their employer is paying. It's pretty expensive.

But a nice way to learn could maybe to go through previous SANS material. There's plenty of leaked course packages out there.
(09-05-2021, 08:57 AM)Vice Wrote: Thanks, Insider!

After checking the SANS Website for the Exam costs, ive decided against paying out of my pocket.
I supposed to give a try and go straight into an exam but the costs are insance.

(09-02-2021, 03:40 PM)Insider Wrote: Not that I have any experience with this. I don't think that many people take the GIAC on their own unless their employer is paying. It's pretty expensive.

Yeah. Most people I know who have taken SANS don't actually pay for it on their own. Usually they already have an established employer in infosec that pays it for them. To become a more valuable asset to the company.

But you could always go for more entry level certs like OSCP. Get your foot into an infosec job. Gain plenty of experience and then try to go for SANS from there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updated SANS Leaked Course ? z3r0dwn 0 1,345 11-03-2021, 11:14 PM
Last Post: z3r0dwn
  SANS & Offensive-Security BASELINE Torrent++ LFNTHNTR 77 335,093 10-08-2021, 01:19 PM
Last Post: headpin89
  eLearnsecurity, offensive security and SANS dangcracker 16 46,274 07-16-2021, 05:43 PM
Last Post: z3r0dwn
  sans,elearnsecuirty,offsec,eccouncil courses and more AltaScientia 11 26,338 07-05-2021, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Insider