Looking For A Mentor
Hello, I hope you are fine. I'm looking for a mentor in malware development. I want to be your student. I can try to develop malware for you. My financial situation is not good for now so I can't afford payment.
I'm open to all kind of advice.
(09-05-2021, 06:45 PM)DreamDev Wrote: Hello, I hope you are fine. I'm looking for a mentor in malware development. I want to be your student. I can try to develop malware for you. My financial situation is not good for now so I can't afford payment.
I'm open to all kind of advice.

Look at it from another persons perspective - why would someone want to spend their time mentoring and teaching you, when they could be working on their own projects? Like maybe if you showed some aptitude or some ability to function on your own, maybe someone might be interested...

But right now, looking at your posts, I'm not sure you even know how to use google. I wouldn't waste my time answering most of your questions on here, let alone entering into some sort of mentorship or student/teacher relationship with you.
"Mentor" asks are the reverse version of "unpaid intern". MuddyBucket is right, you need to become good on your own or pay someone else who already did to help you.

Look into certificates. You can find pirated course content for many certs online. I've also heard that sektor7 courses are good, and they go on sale every now and then: https://institute.sektor7.net/red-team-o...essentials
Thank you for help. I will add your advices to my goals.
Hello

Up until recently I feel strongly that I've been where you are now. I'm probably still there. I have no idea.

Anyway, rather than give unwarranted advice I'll just give my interpretation and personal experience.

the key areas I focus on:

learning how to learn. Coursera has a great course on this.

Practicing observation and persistence.

Be aware of what I'm trying to do and what I'm paying attention to. Someone could study and explore the inter/dark net **forever** and never see the same thing twice.

keeping track of what I've tried and having a personal system for staying organized and focused.

Watching and learning from as many resources as I can find without going overboard. However, learning to sift through noise is crucial too. So I guess that means critical thinking too.

Not that I've ever really done this that much, but when you ask a question, briefly describe what you've tried and have looked into.

Being very aware of confirmation bias - just because I didn't find what I was looking for doesn't mean I wasted my time. As the saying goes "I either win or I learn."

Learn adjacent fields (in a sense) - I recommend looking into what you can find on Talpion and/or Unit 8200.

I am by no means a master of any of this. Most of the time I feel like a blind creature in a maze.

Hopefully that helps and wasn't cryptic.

neftis

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Web Dev Looking for job because of corona virus TwoDots 1 14,814 08-09-2020, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Insider
  Looking for Voter DBS Database Man 1 12,086 01-02-2017, 02:34 AM
Last Post: Database Man