We're back online. (DDos Attack)
We're back online.

As of yesterday I noticed that GreySec went awol. Blank pages and error 500. Didn't have time to fix this yesterday but we're back online now.

99% sure this is a layer7 ddos attack. Look at the traffic:
[Image: gzdsbv.PNG]

Unless we've suddenly became very popular and had 300k guests...

PHP was exhausted of memory. For now I've increased this since I have ram to spare. Only a temprorary solution. I'll have to look into this further and investigate soon. To find a more fail-proof solution....
\o/ What is the purpose of DDoS a forum? People have been weird lately. But I'm glad you normalized the situation, thanks. Just to be sure, keep the backups up to date. xD
(09-24-2021, 11:29 AM)Corvo Wrote: \o/ What is the purpose of DDoS a forum? People have been weird lately. But I'm glad you normalized the situation, thanks. Just to be sure, keep the backups up to date. xD

Indeed Smile I have a full and updated backup with the codebase saved right now. So I can sleep safe at night.

And I'm not sure. Looked like a python script was archiving the whole site on Tor yesterday.
Not sure what the GS policy is on profanity, but I somewhat whispered an expletive when I saw it was down. Glad to see things back up.

Not sure how I can help, but if there's anything I can do in the future to potentially mitigate against what occurred, let me know.

neftis
We're being hit again. Lmao. DDoS is what you do when you lack the expertise to cause real damage. I'll run some SOCMINT and see if any skids out there are posting skid things like 'GreySec Tango Down' If i do find posts like that i'll deal with them.

Unless it's data brokers again they usually are at least intelligent enough to not take credit.
Wow, not the best new since my return, but very glad that forum is up again.
@Insider give a try to Cloudflare DNS, they offer DDos protection even with the free plan, worth than nothing, then you could think something different.
BTW how are you all???

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We're open again (Bot attack) Insider 0 1,668 04-13-2022, 01:03 AM
Last Post: Insider
  Greysec is back. And here to stay. Insider 26 85,600 01-04-2022, 02:34 PM
  Ddos attack Insider 10 44,119 02-03-2018, 07:20 PM
  GreySec IRC Channel is back! Insider 2 18,959 08-10-2017, 04:17 PM
Last Post: enmafia2