2021 November Update
2021 November Update

Most of this is old news. I've just been procastrinating but I'll introduce these changes anyway!

Outline:
- New moderator
- New Meta-section: Helpdesk
- Tor/Onion library EOL
- OnionV2 EOL

New moderator
Our hardworking and dedicated "Malwaredev" section moderator Vector has been promoted to Supermoderator. He now handles moderating duties globally across the whole forum!

Congratulations. Earned and deserved.

New Meta-section: Helpdesk
We have two new meta sections: Helpdesk & Private Inquiries

The helpdesk forum:
GreySec Wrote:This forum is aimed to help our users with any GreySec/Forum related matters. This forum is private between you and the staff. You can only view/post your own threads.

Topics this forum is for:
  • Questions
  • Reporting rule violating users.
  • Requesting awards.
  • And other forum related topics where staff has to be involved.
So put it simply: This is a centralized platform where all the member to staff interactions/inquiries should take place. This is to make everything more centralized.

The "Private Inquiries" forum
GreySec Wrote:This forum is aimed for discussing private matters with the GreySec Administration. This forum is private between the member and the administrators. You can only view/post your own threads.

Topics this forum is for:
  • Reporting abusive staff behavior.
  • Reporting security vulnerabilities.
  • Topics regarding legal matters
  • Other private matters. For example: Advertising and more.

Please try to use the above sections rather than sending staff or admins PMs directly regarding matters like that.

Tor/Onion library EOL - End of life: January 1st 2022
I'm looking to decrease our technical debt on GreySec. I see no need to host these ebooks anymore at the moment. We have had them hosted for a long time. And I want to focus more on the forum and less on providing any ebook libraries or anything like this.

So the URL among all its contents will be put offline on January 1st: http://ytxmrc3pcbv5464e.onion/files

Be sure to download all of these if you want to save them. I might restart this library in the future when I feel I have more time and energy to maintain it.

OnionV2 EOL - End of life: January 1st 2022
Due to security concerns we'll be switching to onionV3 domains very soon. You will get more information later this week. But I'll be keeping the OnionV2 URL online until January 1st 2022.
For me it's all good news, congrats Vector on the Moderator title and great to know that OnionV3 is coming. I'm sure people will like the change Smile
The new helpdesks are a nice addition too, they will help specially as greysec keeps increasing in popularity.
Only in death does duty end.

Sorry for my absence recently, but i have been preoccupied with a new business venture. Don't worry though, it will not affect my duties as a super mod, and the projects i am running across various repos, and our organizations are still moving forward. I just needed some time to focus on said venture the last few weeks.

Forgot to mention, if there is a demand for it i'd be willing to host resources such as PDFs, white-papers, PoCs and the like on my personal infrastructure or as a sub section of one of our organizations on Github and beyond.
(12-22-2021, 06:59 PM)Vector Wrote: Only in death does duty end.

Sorry for my absence recently, but i have been preoccupied with a new business venture. Don't worry though, it will not affect my duties as a super mod, and the projects i am running across various repos, and our organizations are still moving forward. I just needed some time to focus on said venture the last few weeks.

Forgot to mention, if there is a demand for it i'd be willing to host resources such as PDFs, white-papers, PoCs and the like on my personal infrastructure or as a sub section of one of our organizations on Github and beyond.

No problem Vector Smile We all have other things in life. Tbh I've been very inactive myself too.

Glad to see you're still around.
Like you mentioned in the OP i am dedicated if nothing else (n_n")
(12-22-2021, 06:59 PM)Vector Wrote: Only in death does duty end.

(12-23-2021, 12:39 AM)Insider Wrote: No problem Vector Smile We all have other things in life. Tbh I've been very inactive myself too.

Glad to see you're still around.

I am around too ^ ^

How re you vector? and Insider you should update onion address to v3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GreySec Zine 2021 Q1 - Call for papers! Insider 6 31,733 04-27-2021, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Vector
  2021 Update - Revamp of rules and more... Insider 0 15,869 02-04-2021, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Insider
  [10-23-2017] Minor news-update - New SuperModerator Insider 3 29,035 10-29-2017, 09:10 PM
Last Post: enmafia2
  Major Update [Server, Security, Features] Insider 8 24,781 10-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Last Post: overfl0wN