Career direction help
Hey. I was wondering if any of you could help me out. I'm having a hard time deciding what I want to do. I'm currently more or less a jack of all trades and have been looking to specialize in something for a while. The two things that I have been going back and forth between are reverse engineering/malware dev and bug bounty hunting/web hacking. The thing with maldev is that it just doesn't seem the same as it once was, and I was wondering if it is still worth getting into. Any advice would be greatly appreciate, I keep switching between the two and that makes it really hard to make any progress((
(01-05-2022, 12:58 PM)yinktry Wrote: Hey. I was wondering if any of you could help me out. I'm having a hard time deciding what I want to do. I'm currently more or less a jack of all trades and have been looking to specialize in something for a while. The two things that I have been going back and forth between are reverse engineering/malware dev and bug bounty hunting/web hacking. The thing with maldev is that it just doesn't seem the same as it once was, and I was wondering if it is still worth getting into. Any advice would be greatly appreciate, I keep switching between the two and that makes it really hard to make any progress((

Well in any of those there will be companies willing to help you learn. There's a big demand for security professionals right now so there's a bunch of companies which will hire you even if not prepared enough. Focus on what you like the most and find a job, that will make you stick to it and get better overtime.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help exploiting CVE-2010-4345 using exim4_string_format on a virtual server 3thos 1 898 01-17-2022, 07:45 PM
Last Post: mendax
  Student card hacking help GreenHorse 2 4,243 11-12-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Lewis
  Who can help me remove crypt from .DAT files? Saddam 1 4,617 10-26-2021, 06:03 PM
Last Post: dev
  Help me hacking WPA2 wifi brandroot 5 14,815 03-01-2021, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Vector